- The first-ever Tex-Mex restaurant opened in 1982 just outside of Knoxville.
- Humans and leopards are the only animals that have sex out of spite.
- By law, the first dance at all proms in Nebraska must be “The Safety Dance.”
- 11% of all parrots speak with a lisp.
- The letters A, E, I, O, and U do not get along with Y.
- A typical elevator goes up 38% more often than it goes down.
- On average, janitors carry the key to five hearts and three cities.
- The most popular moment in television history was when "Yes, Dear" was canceled
- People named Lenny squelch on bets 63% more often than those named Larry.
- Kofi Annan’s chatroom screen name is “Johnny Cocoa-Butter.”
- Women with fake breasts are far more apt to “keep it real” than those with real breasts.
- In addition to Vegas, what happens in Tulsa stays in Tulsa.
- Queen Elizabeth coined the phrase, “You can look, but you can’t touch.”
- There is no difference between cat food and dog food – Cats know this, but dogs do not.
- Easter Island is insanely jealous of Christmas Island.
- The reason onions make people cry is they subconsciously remind them of high school.
- When using walkie talkies, it is important to remember that the person on the left must speak first.
- At any given moment, at least one member of Limp Bizkit wonders where they went wrong.
- To this day, the surviving actors from “The Adam’s Family” and “The Munsters” despise each other.
- Every three seconds someone new does not read your blog.
- It is completely legal for American Indians to scalp concert tickets, but not football tickets.
- Pepperidge Farm Goldfish crackers are made with little bits of real goldfish.
- Nearly 4 in 5 Dalmatians are left-handed.
- Sizzler is never not hiring.
- It’s considered rude to “go all in” if you’re the ugliest person playing strip poker.
- Hall-of-Fame pitcher Gaylord Perry now prefers to be known as Clay Aiken Perry.
- By law, doctors may touch your groin and ask you to cough no more than five times per visit.
- Pittsburgh Pennsylvania is home to the world’s biggest geek.
- Each year, 112 Americans are killed in tragic toothpick accidents.
- Of all the surfers in the world, sharks find Australians the most delicious.
- Middle East nations have signed a pact to unite in battle if Earth is ever attacked by extra terrestrials.
Saturday, October 11, 2008
FUN FACTS (compiled for Letterman submission)
FUN FACTS (Late Show with David Letterman)
Posted by Michelle James at 11:13 PM